Become a Biological Nurturing® Lactation Consultant (BNCLC)
You do not need to have breastfed, be a parent or be an International Board Certified Lactation Consultant (IBCLC) to qualify for BN certification but there are important prerequisites and to secure your place on a 5-day BN certification workshop, you need to:
- Own and have read the book, An Introduction to Biological Nurturing, New Angles on Breastfeeding.
- Read the biological nurturing literature
- View the DVD Biological Nurturing ~ Laid-back Breastfeeding for Health professionals produced in 2008
- Attend at least one BN conference and/or BN Master Class
- Complete an Expression of Interest Form and email it to Suzanne Colson or Joelle Dufur
- Have practical and professional experience supporting mothers
- Have a educational certificate, diploma or a professional module certifying you as competent to recognise the clinical features of maternal-neonatal well-being and clinical assessment procedures. Approval for this prerequisite will be individually determined by certificate, professional accreditation or licensure. If you do not have this prerequisite, you will need to complete The BN Module (under development). This requires some study and successful completion of a test.
*You may attend BN master classes to broaden the foundation of your lactation practice without expressing interest to become a BNCLC.
© The Nurturing Project JD/SC Revised 5/1/2016
Certification requirements, procedures and costs are under development; The Nurturing Project reserves the right to modify them at any time.